Delicious individual puddings that are perfect for warming you up on a chilly evening.
Makes 6 Prep 40 minutes Bake 10 – 12 minutes
130g self-raising flour
100g self-raising wholemeal flour
100g soft dark brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
80ml sunflower oil
2 medium eggs
1 large eating apple, peeled, cored and chopped into ½cm dice
75g dates, chopped into bite sized pieces
50g toffee, bashed into small pieces
150g soft dark brown sugar
150ml double cream
extra butter for greasing the pudding moulds
1. Butter six individual pudding moulds and dust with flour.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. In a bowl mix the flours, sugar, baking flour and mixed spice.
4. Beat together the oil, milk and eggs. Pour this onto the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Finally fold in the apples, dates and toffee pieces.
4. Pour into the prepared moulds.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test they are cooked through by inserting a skewer. It should come out clean.
6. Make the sauce by melting together the butter, sugar and cream. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce coats the back of the spoon, around 3-4 minutes.
7. To serve, de-mould the puddings and pour over the toffee sauce. Eat with ice cream or pouring cream.