Spiced Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Paul Hollywood Ready To Bake Multi-Seed Rolls
This warmly spiced soup is delicious with every topping. If you don’t eat bacon, just leave out the pancetta and vegans can use a dairy substitute in place of the crème fraiche. You’ll need a blender or stick blender to make this smooth soup.
Takes approximately 1 hour
• 4 Paul Hollywood Ready to Bake Multi-Seed Rolls
• 1 butternut squash (approx. 1 kg when peeled and deseeded)
• 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
• Good pinch dried chilli flakes (or ½ tsp if you like it more spicy)
• 1 tsp paprika
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• ¼ tsp ground ginger
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 stalk celery, sliced
• 1 clove garlic,
• 850ml vegetable stock
• 100g diced pancetta
• 4 tsp crème fraiche
• Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
• Ground black pepper
• Chilli flakes
• Few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C fan.
2. Peel and de-seed then chop the squash into chunks. Place on a large non-stick baking tin. Add the onion, chilli flakes and ground spices then drizzle over the olive oil and toss to coat well. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables half way through
3. Add the celery and garlic and stir, then roast for another 20 minutes until the squash is soft and golden round the edges
4. Add the rolls to the oven, turn up the heat to 200°C and cook for 10 minutes while you finish making the soup
5. While the soup is bubbling, fry the pancetta until crispy in a small pan
6. Serve the soup into bowls and drizzle with olive oil. Swirl on a spoonful of crème fraiche then add a pinch of chilli flakes and some black pepper. Finally sprinkle on some pancetta and a few coriander leaves and serve with the warm multi-seed rolls for dunking
Here’s another great serving suggestion….
Wheat Flour, Water, Rye Flour, Mixed Seeds (7%) (Sunflower Seeds, Linseeds, Millet, Sesame Seeds), Yeast, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Soya Flour, Oat Flakes, Malted Wheat Flour, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).
Allergy Advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
Prepared in an environment that handles ingredients that contain milk. Not suitable for milk allergy sufferers.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Remove all packaging.
Place on a baking tray in the middle of a pre-heated oven 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7 for 8-10 minutes. For a crisper crust, lightly sprinkle with water before baking.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
If baking from frozen, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
Oven baked according to instructions