Paul Hollywood Ready to Bake Rustic Rolls Steak Sandwiches with Horseradish Mayo and Homemade Wedges
A hearty sandwich with a kick. Fresh baked rustic rolls, steak and horseradish with some homemade wedges make for an elevated lunch full of flavour.
Makes 4 rolls
Takes approx. 45 minutes
• 4 Paul Hollywood Ready to Bake Rustic Rolls
• 550g potatoes, scrubbed and cut into wedges
• 1 tsp olive oil
• Sea salt and black pepper
• Good pinch paprika (or smoked paprika)
• 2 tsp horseradish sauce
• 2 tbs mayonnaise
• 1 large extra thick ribeye steak (approx. 400g)
• Few sprigs fresh thyme
• Red onions – raw or quick pickled (see tip)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan. In a large microwaveable bowl, toss the potato wedges with the oil, salt, pepper and paprika and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring half way through
2. Tip the wedges onto a foil lined or non-stick baking tray. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes
3. Turn the potatoes and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until tender, but crispy on the outside. Add the rolls to the oven on a separate tray, turn up the heat to 200°C and cook as per the instructions
4. While the wedges and rolls are cooking, mix the horseradish with the mayonnaise in a small bowl and set aside. Thinly slice the red onions.
Fry the steak to your liking then set aside to rest for a couple of minutes with some of the thyme leaves on top
5. When the rolls are ready, leave to cool for a minute or two, then slice in half and spread with the horseradish mayo. Add some rocket leaves
6. Slice the steak and divide between the rolls then add a few thinly sliced red onions and scatter on a few more thyme leaves before popping on the lids. Serve with the bowl of wedges
Tip: To make quick pickled red onions, heat 100ml cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar) in a small pan with 100ml water, a few black peppercorns, a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of honey. Just before it comes to a simmer, turn off the heat and add the thinly sliced onions, making sure they’re submerged. Pop on a lid and allow to cool on the side.
Wheat Flour, Water, Rye Flour, Yeast, Salt, Wheat Gluten, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).
Allergy Advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. May contain traces of nuts, mustard, sesame seeds and lupin.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Remove all packaging.
Place on a baking tray in a middle of a pre-heated oven 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7 for 8-10 minutes. For a crisper crust, lightly sprinkle with water before baking.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
If baking from frozen, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Oven baked according to instructions
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans