Smoked Mackerel, Apple and Crème Fraiche Multi-Seed Rolls
A light sandwich with a kick! Freshly baked Multi-Seed rolls, smoked mackerel and horseradish crème fraiche make for a delicious lunch.
Takes: 20 mins
• 1 pack Paul Hollywood Ready To Bake Multi-Seed Rolls
• 3-4 tbsp crème fraiche
• 2 tsp horseradish sauce (or adjust to taste)
• 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
• 2 or 3 radishes, very thinly sliced
• 2 apples, washed, cored and sliced
• 1 large or 2 small smoked mackerel fillets
• Black pepper
• Extra chives and lemon wedges to garnish
1. Preheat the oven and bake the multi-seed rolls according to the pack instructions
2. Meanwhile mix the crème fraiche and horseradish sauce in a small bowl with the chives. Slice the radishes and apples and flake the mackerel into chunks
3. Split the rolls and spread a spoonful of horseradish crème fraiche over each of the bases. Divide the apple and radishes between each one then add the mackerel. Top with a few chopped chives and a good grind of black pepper and the lemon wedges on the side to squeeze over
Here’s another great serving suggestion….
Wheat Flour, Water, Rye Flour, Mixed Seeds (7%) (Sunflower Seeds, Linseeds, Millet, Sesame Seeds), Yeast, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Soya Flour, Oat Flakes, Malted Wheat Flour, Sugar, Malted Barley Flour, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).
Allergy Advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold.
Prepared in an environment that handles ingredients that contain milk. Not suitable for milk allergy sufferers.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Remove all packaging.
Place on a baking tray in the middle of a pre-heated oven 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7 for 8-10 minutes. For a crisper crust, lightly sprinkle with water before baking.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
If baking from frozen, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
Oven baked according to instructions