Grilled Herby Lamb and Tzatziki Filled Crusty Rolls
Celebrate the start of Spring with these succulent herby lamb crusty rolls. Serve with a generous helping of tzatziki and a fresh Greek salad.
Takes: 40 mins plus marinating time
• 1 pack Paul Hollywood Ready To Bake Crusty Rolls
• 2 lamb steaks
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• Small handful fresh oregano leaves, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
• Handful fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 lemon, zested then juiced
• ½ tsp crushed dried chillies
• Pinch black pepper and sea salt
For the tzatziki:
• 200g Greek yogurt
• 10cm piece cucumber
• ½ clove garlic, crushed
• Pinch sea salt
• 10 mint leaves, chopped
Lambs lettuce or other salad leaves
Greek style salad made with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, feta and olives, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice
1. Place the lamb in a bowl and drizzle over the oil. Add the garlic, chopped herbs, lemon zest and juice and dried chillies. Season with a good pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least half an hour (longer is better if possible, even overnight)
2. Preheat the oven and bake the crusty rolls according to the pack instructions
3. Meanwhile make the tzatziki. Grate the cucumber then pile onto a double layer of kitchen paper. Gather up the paper and squeeze out the water. Tip the cucumber into a bowl with the yogurt, garlic, salt and mint leaves and mix together then keep in the fridge
4.Heat the grill or a griddle pan and cook the lamb for a few minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the steaks – it is best served pink. Leave to rest for a few minutes
5. Slice the hot rolls and add some lambs lettuce. Slice the lamb steaks and divide between the rolls then add a dollop of tzatziki to each. Serve with the rest of the tzatziki and the Greek salad on the side
Here’s another great serving suggestion….
Wheat Flour, Water, Rye Flour, Yeast, Wheat Gluten, Salt, Malted Wheat Flour, Flour Treatment Agent (Ascorbic Acid).
Allergy Advice: For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold. May contain traces of sesame seeds, milk and soya.
Prepared in an environment that handles ingredients which contain soya, milk and sesame seeds. Not suitable for soya, milk or sesame seed allergy sufferers.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Packaged in a protective atmosphere.
Remove all packaging.
Place on a baking tray in the middle of a pre-heated oven 220°C, 200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7 for 8-10 minutes. For a crisper crust, lightly sprinkle with water before baking.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
If baking from frozen, cook for an extra 2 minutes.
Oven baked according to instructions
Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans